Business Set Up
The Indian laws and regulations provide multiple options for establishing legal presence in India. The choice of appropriate form of legal entity structure is an important aspect which requires consideration of business and commercial objectives, investment regulations, regulatory approvals, registrations, tax implications and associated compliances. The regulations permit establishing foreign offices such as Liaison Office, Branch Office, Project Office or local entities such as Limited Liability Company, Limited Liability Partnerships, Not for Profit Companies, Trust and Societies.
While foreign investment, other than in certain specified sectors or from specified categories of investors is largely liberalised, setting up a legal entity / investments into Indian entities would require reporting or registrations under the exchange control regulations and corporate laws. In addition, legal entities require registrations under tax laws, social security laws, sector specific registrations, etc.
Our team of dedicated lawyers along with in-house secretarial team assist clients in holistic evaluation of appropriate form of business presence suitable for activities. Our services entail end-to-end assistance in setting up new entities, restructuring of existing legal setup and business closures. Our bouquet of service includes the following:
- Review of business and commercial requirement to advise suitable entity structure
- Assistance in registration of legal entity viz. company, limited liability partnership, branch office, project office, liaison office, etc.
- Obtaining requisite approval, filing of relevant forms and applications with registering authorities such as Reserve Bank of India, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, etc.
- Assistance in obtaining requisite registrations under taxation laws
- Representation before regulatory authorities
- Assisting in annual compliances under foreign exchange laws and Corporate Laws
- Assisting in closure of business such as corporate liquidations, foreign office deregistration, distribution or remittance in closure proceeds
- On call advisory services under exchange control and corporate laws