Insolvency, Bankruptcy & Liquidation
The enactment of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (“IBC/ the Code”) was aimed at consolidating the scattered and uncertain process of insolvency and bankruptcy pre-existing in India under several laws viz. RDB Act, 1993; SICA, 1985; SARFAESI Act, 2002, etc. This multiplicity in forums usually resulted in procedural hurdles and ultimate reduction of value for investors.
The Code, in its 4 year existence, has emerged as one of the most impactful legislations for quick resolution of stressed assets in a time bound manner. In the existing crisis of COVID-19, we understand the need for specific, and long-term advisory in the insolvency resolution arena.
We have a team of lawyers, some of whom are qualified insolvency professionals and bring with them decades of combined experience in the commercial laws fora. With the integration of experience and knowledge, we have catered to diverse clientele comprising of individuals, companies, associations, banks, etc. on various aspects of insolvency and resolution process.
Our services include litigation assistance at the pre-admission and post-admission stages, having appeared before several National Company Law Tribunal Benches and Appellate Tribunal across the country.
We also provide services in independent assignments as Insolvency Resolution Professionals. Our services broadly comprise of:
- communication and coordination with stakeholders of corporate debtor;
- appointing professionals and experts for purposes prescribed under the Code;
- Convening meeting of Committee of Creditors and preparation of notices, agenda, information, minutes, reports, etc. to be shared with the Committee;
- Drafting, filing and appearing in relation to a variety of applications, petitions, reports before the Adjudicating Authority;
- Time-to-time discussion with stakeholders on various aspects related to the resolution process.
We have a dedicated team who keeps abreast with the legal developments in the insolvency resolution regime, and we conduct regular internal training sessions in this regard.